A founding Shareholder in the law firm of Hollstein Keating Cattell Johnson & Goldstein, PC, now merged into his current firm, Ricci Tyrrell Johnson and Grey, Mr. Goldstein brings over 35 years of commercial and casualty litigation and trial experience with an emphasis on products liability, toxic tort litigation, and maritime law. He has represented major manufacturers, insurance companies, vessel owners and other maritime interests in many venues nationwide, and has served as national counsel for a major corporation, overseeing and coordinating product liability/toxic tort litigation throughout the country.
Mr. Goldstein’s expertise also includes the area of intellectual property, specifically, patents, trademarks and copyrights. Mr. Goldstein worked as a patent examiner in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) outside Washington, D.C. for six years, attaining primary examiner status in the mechanical, electrical-mechanical, and marine arts. Since 1978, Mr. Goldstein has been registered to practice before the USPTO as a patent attorney (Registration #22817), handling patent application prosecution and related litigation. He oversees all the firm’s patent, trademark, and copyright application prosecution and litigation. Mr. Goldstein is currently listed in the USPTO’s Register of Attorney’s and Agents.
Representative patent areas include all types of mechanical and electrical products and improvements, methods and systems; for example, construction tools and equipment, cleaning tools and appliances, electrical lighting and switches, household appliances, plumbing and electrical tools, appliances and related equipment, hardware and gardening tools, conveyor systems, automotive products and accessories, vessel and marine-related products and systems, recreational and leisure-related products, and medical devices and appliances.
Knowledgeable in matters involving a variety of industrial and consumer products as well as equipment and systems within the mechanical, electrical, and marine disciplines, Mr. Goldstein often advises manufacturers on the development of their products and engineering systems and on protecting product integrity and patent ownership rights. He also has extensive experience in the prosecution of U.S. trademark registration applications before the USPTO and defends the trademark rights of his clients.
Mr. Goldstein lives with his wife, Jackie, in Cherry Hill, New Jersey. They have two daughters, Mattea and Hannah.
- National Law Center, George Washington University (J.D., 1977)
- United States Merchant Marine Academy (B.S., Marine Engineering, 1972)
- New Jersey
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- Registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office, Patent Attorney Registration
- Defense Research Institute
- Proctor Member, the Maritime Law Association of the United States
- Delaware Valley Intellectual Property Law Association
- Camden County Bar Association
- Member of the Camden County Bar Association; actively involved with the Lawyer Referral Service
- Instructor: Intellectual Property courses, Camden County, Cherry Hill Township